Upon your arrival at our office, you will be greeted by a friendly face and welcomed in. We want to take the stress and fear out of obtaining a medical cannabis recommendation. Your well-being is our primary concern. You will be impressed with the courteous service and comfortable surroundings. You will be asked to sign in and given an intake form to complete. You will need to provide valid identification and proof of California residence. Accepted forms of verification include:
- California ID (DMV issued California driver’s license or Identification card)
- Passport or Out of State ID with proof of California residency (utility bill, lease, car or voter registration
- Passport or Out of State ID with temporary ID from DMV
- Expired California ID or any photo ID with temporary ID from DMV
- Government-issued ID
- Resident Card for California
- Military Card with proof of residency
- We do not accept Birth Certificates.
We will also make a photo copy of any prescription medication bottles that you have, medical records, doctor’s notes, diagnosis letters or medical cd’s that you have regarding your medical condition. You will be informed of the laws regarding medical marijuana, the benefits and side effects and alternate methods of consuming marijuana.
- You should not use medical cannabis while operating a vehicle. It is a violation of law, and you can be cited for driving under the influence.
- When traveling with medical cannabis, it’s best to keep it securely locked in the trunk.
- Always have proper storage for your medical cannabis and keep it out of the reach of children. You should keep your medication in a locked container in a secure place and properly labeled. You should treat marijuana just like you would any other medications.
Once your paperwork has been checked for completion you will have a private consultation with a California Licensed Medical Doctor and he or she will check your blood pressure and vital signs. During your visit you can speak openly with the doctor about your medical condition and how cannabis improves it. If you qualify, you will be given a letter of recommendation which will allow you to legally grow, carry and consume cannabis as your medicine in California. You will be given two copies of your letter of recommendation; keep one in a safe place and carry the other copy whenever you have cannabis with you. You also have the option to get a picture ID card.
According to Health and Safety Code 11362.5-11362.83, nothing in this article shall authorize a qualified patient or person to engage in the smoking of medical marijuana under any of the following circumstances:
- Any place where smoking is prohibited by law..
- Such as In or within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school, recreation center, or youth center, unless the medical use occurs within a residence
- On a school bus
- While in a motor vehicle that is being operated
- While operating a boat